Saturday, April 14, 2007

An early start to the week

I love being woken up by my dad early in the day. He called at 6:45 am to tell me that his insurance was denying his claim and that the damages to my car were not going to be paid by the insurance.

About a month ago I dropped off my car at my parents house to have it serviced. As it turns out he was in an accident that a lady caused. She attempted to leave but when she saw my dad get out of the car taking down her licence plate number she turned around and came back to the scene. The lady did not have a driving licence but did have insurance.

The insurance called my dad after receiving the insurance report letting him know that my car was going to be fixed because it was the Lady's fault. As time goes by and my car already in the shop being fixed and then the lady's insurance starts calling my dad with allot of questions. In the end the insurance denies my dad but that was after they had already told him that they would cover the damages. Now he is calling me to tell me he needs to call my insurance to cover the damages. The worst part of this is that my dad was being nice to the lady and her insurance he was not trying to make any extra money and just asked for the minimal repairs.

I have to call my lawyer today and see what they recommend in case my issuance does not cover the damages and try to resolve this issue. I HATE DEALING WITH INSURANCES THEY ARE NOT HELPFUL IN THESE KIND OF SITUATIONS!

Mood: EXTREMELY UPSET and not happy with the results

1 comment:

Elva said...

I agree with you about insurance companies not being very helpful when it comes to repairs.

I avoided a collision with a trailer truck on the freeway and damaged my rear side against the wall before. I called my insurance company to report it and get it repaired. I ended up getting the run around. The last thing they said is that I do not have proof that the other truck actually caused the accident so they can not pay for the damages.