Saturday, April 14, 2007

Problem Solving

I talked to Georganna earlier this week and we had a great conversation, we stayed on the phone for at least 2 hours. We talked about our assignment and also talked about the blog assignment. As it turns out we're both frustrated with this assignment because neither one of us have done one before. She was a great listener and had good suggestions one of them was to work at the middle school for the summer. I think I am going to work during the summer and that way I will know if I don't want to work with middle school kids again. I can't say I don't like something if I never tried it before.

As for Georganna, her problem is that she is considering transferring to Sac State but is not sure is she should. She likes going to National but misses the classroom environment and the interaction with other students. I told her that I started at Sac State in 99 when I graduated from high school but many things have changed since I was there. The biggest problems for me were parking and scheduling my classes which neither problems exist at National. I tried to be as helpful as I could sine I still have some friends and my sorority sisters that attend there. I also told her that I also tried returning but was denied several times. I don't know why I was denied since I have the GPA and meet all the requirement, not even my counselor understands why I was denied. She also does not want to transfer and continue to go to school longer than she should, I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND. I suggested that she apply and see what happens. Once her application was accepted she could meet with a counselor and see if she still wants to transfer. I wish her the best of luck and look forward to talking to her soon.

No comments: