Friday, April 20, 2007

Emotional IQ Test

I made a mistake when I posted my score.

I scored a 132.
I guess it's just verification and confirmation of what I already know about myself.
I do feel like I can deal with my own emotions and those of others. For the most part
I can control my moods and feel that as I'm getting older I'm doing a much better job. Working with kids has made a great difference in how I deal with my emotions. Even if at times I feel like I don't know why I'm being so emotional or sensitive about the dumbest things. I have goals and dreams and I am determined to make them happen! I am a social butterfly and find it easy to make friends or acquaintances. AND I always say, "Don't confuse my kindness for a weakness," I'm always willing to help in anyway that I can. I think I have great advice even if at times I may not say what you want to hear it is always better to be honest than lying to you to make you feel better for that specific moment. Reality will eventually set in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Aracely,
I am a teacher too, and had the same results as yours.

I think that as teachers we have to be more aware of children's academic and social well being, so therefore we have to read body language as well as listen to our students.

I like your saying about confusing kindness over weakness. I am very kind and some people tend to take advantage of that. I have learned to finally confront them in a positive manner and try to work it out.

I agree with you about telling the truth instead of lying to make another person feel better. They may not always like it, but at least you have done your job to bring it to their attention.